How to contact us
Bridget Zurcher (Famher/Owner): 3027 W Veta Grande Rd. Scales Mound, IL 61075
608-778-7491 (cell): For the quickest response, please call or text
- Know your delivery schedule. Once given to you, put the schedule in your smartphone calendar and set an alert to remind you the day of pick up. You can also opt in SMS messaging in your customer dashboard.
- Respect the given pick-up times. Our delivery team and host sites are doing us a favor, lets respect their time and make things easy for them as well.
- Bring a box/bag to transfer produce to the pick-up site OR learn to collapse your waxed box and keep in good condition and return the following week.
- With Covid-19 control measures, please transfer produce at your vehicle and bring box back when finished, allowing other members ample space to safely pick up their boxes.
- Read emails we send, which contain answers to many questions you might have.
- Understand the conditions and unique challenges your farmer faces while growing the food that meets your table, and know that while we make our best attempts to provide all that you hope for, some things just don't pan out. There may be a crop failure resulting in certain veggies not making it to your table. Trust us when we say that we feel just as sad about it as you
Aunt Beez responsibilities
- We are thankful and grateful that you have put your faith in us to grow quality produce to feed those at your table.
- We carefully plan and grow a large variety of produce to fill your boxes with the pre-determined amount specified by the member at sign up.
- With the health of our members, our crew, and our environment in mind, we commit to providing a quality product with minimal synthetic inputs and maximum natural processes involved.
- Communication and transparency with our members. We believe you will better succeed with a little help from things like recipes, vegetable storage tips, and even sometimes identification of a new vegetable. You can find resources like these in our emails and on our website.
- We also believe in getting to know us (your farmer) better, and often times include personal information about the crew that helps the veggies get from our farm to your table
- We communicate through:
A note about email
- Please add our email to your address book to avoid our emails getting "lost" in spam.
Join our Private Facebook Group
- Joining our Facebook group and being an active participant can help you to achieve great success with your membership and create a sense of belonging within our little community.
- We post recipes with pictures and plan to include more video this year.
- Get to know other members. Our long-term members are a great source for ideas on how to prepare and preserve veggies. You may even need to lean on one of them to help you out in a pinch at pick-up time, on a rare occasion. It helps to know people!
- Request to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/428382850945636
- We will email weekly newsletters to the email provided at sign up. You can also check our website for previous newsletters
- Time is valuable. If you know you will be late to a pick-up, please text or call the host or delivery driver to let them know. Schedules can be tight, but sometimes they may be able to stay just a little bit longer. Please....Do NOT make a habit of this!
- If you miss your pick-up, please refer to site specific instructions below. Please remember boxes are not kept refrigerated and will not keep well if its a hot day, the longer they sit. Remember that we have already take the time and resources to carfully harvest, pack and box your veggies, and therefore will not offer credit or returns on boxes that have not been picked up
- Thriving Thistle Market - Your boxes will be left at the market to pick-up, at your convenience, between 4-8pm (or until market closes) on Thursdays. If you miss your pick up, please call the market right away to discuss if they are capable of keeping your box until the next morning. Keep in mind, they are NOT require to. Any boxes not picked up, or not contact is made by 10:00 Friday morning will be forfeited to the employees of the Thriving Thistle.
- Aunt Beez Farm pick-up - Please arrive during your scheduled time. If you cannot, please text or call Bridget at 608-778-7491 to pick up later that evening (if we are available) or the next morning. Any box still left at NOON the following day will be considered forfeited and donated.
- Galena - Please arrive during your scheduled time. If you cannot, please text or call Bridget at 608-778-7491. If you forget to pick up, your box will be available for on FARM pick-up at Aunt Beez Greenhouse until NOON the following day (Friday). If no contact has been made or box has not been picked up by NOON, it will be considered forfeited and donated.
- Scales Mound - Please arrive during your scheduled time. If you cannot, please text or call Bridget at 608-778-7491. If you forget to pick up, your box will be available for on FARM pick-up at Aunt Beez Greenhouse until NOON the following day (Friday). If no contact has been made or box has not been picked up by NOON, it will be considered forfeited and donated.
- We do not offer any refunds or cancellations. When you sign up for our membership, you are reserving your spot from a limited number of spaces available. We begin the process of growing your vegetables in January. If there are extenuating circumstances, please contact us and we will work with you on a per case basis.
Risks & Rewards
- Being a part of a produce membership comes with risks, but also rewards. Given that growing vegetables is highly susceptible to Mother Nature and everything she brings to bear, we cannot always guarantee you will receive every crop we plan to grow. While we will do our best to grow all crops planned, there can be crop failures due to circumstances outside of our control and you as a member share that risk with us.
- We will do our best to make up for any crop failures with other crops we grow. Succession planting allows us to continue harvesting crops and starting new ones simultaneously, ensuring a supply for the season. If we happen to be short on a certain crop, you will still be able to get your value by supplementing other crops
What's a share
- A produce share is the "box" of produce the member will receive each delivery/pick-up. The amount in your box is based upon the price you purchase at the beginning of the season. You will always receive the monetary value of your purchased subscription. If for some unforseen circumstance and we are not able to fill a box, we will credit the amount of the box to the members account to use later in the season for produce to make up for it.
- Payment is to be made to Aunt Beez Greenhouse at time of sign up. You can pay via our online store using PayPal, or by mailing us a check. Checks can be mailed to Aunt Beez Greenhouse - 3027 W Veta Grande. Rd. Scales Mound, IL 61075
- If you prefer to make installment payments. Please contact us about invoicing. All subscriptions must be paid in full at the time of the first delivery/pick-up.
- Home deliveries are available and there is an extra fee for that service.
- The Galena site location will have a minimal delivery fee, unless we meet a minimum of 10 boxes delivered per week. If we meet the minimum by pick up, we will refund the delivery fee to each member.